Friday, June 21, 2013

What's That in the Back?

I was working in my classroom the other day and realized that my bookshelves are awfully boring.  So what did I do?  I made them pop!!    I received this inspiration via pinterest , but I modified it to fit me and my non painting needs.

I have been finding all sorts of uses for those plastic tablecloths that you use for parties, have you seen those?  I think they are just wonderful!!   Taking the middle shelves out made this process a whole lot easier, and since my leftover tablecloth didn't stretch the whole way I added some yellow on the sides.


I have a confession to make, and even though we just met I feel like I can tell you this. . . I am terrible at before and after pictures :(    I always find myself halfway through a project (or like this one, completely finished) then I realize I never took the before picture!  I will work harder to take those pre-transformation pictures, I promise!    I did remember to take before pictures of my very first classroom which you can check out here!

And here is the finished shelf in all its glory!    I think it turned out pretty well for my first classroom diy and I like it so much better than a plain white shelf.  Stay tuned for more adventures. . . coming soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment